1. MR. TRACISIO M. THUITA, B.A (LAND ECONOMICS) UON, M.I.S.K., RV, VALUATION AND ESTATES MANAGEMENT (V.E.M.S) CHAPTER.
Mr. Thuita is the head of the Department as the Estates Manager.
He is charged with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure the Department's vision and mission are met
- Real Estate
- In charge of University's Land and buildings (Planning and Acquisitions)
- Land Management
-Custody of ownership documents
-Asset register preparation and maintenance
-Way leave processing
-Payment of land taxes
- Space Management
Space forecasting, allocation, inventory and acquisition, advice on optimum space utilization.
- Property development/redevelopment and investment analysis
- Formulate and advise University on policy respecting physical facilities development and utilizatio.
- Valuation for sale, rental, insurance and for other purposes.
- Administration of leases; advise on suitability of premises to be leased, rent payable and formulating terms and conditions of lease.
- Housing management: overseeing management of university housing stock i.e. maintenance of tenant registers, rent collection, enforcement of tenancy agreements, upkeep of residential estates e.t.c
- Utilities Management; Energy (power), water, supply and maintenance of services, bills payments and accounting, inventory of service equipments and fittings.
- Planning, acquisition and maintenance of plant and equipment; boreholes,lifts,generators,cold rooms,pumps,air conditioners e.t.c
- Furniture and fittings,acquisitions,advise on standards, inventories e.t.c
- Environmental Management; landscaping, caretaking, waste disposal, and pest control.
- Liase with other departments to ensure best maintenance of physical facilities; both academic and residential.
2. MS. LUCY GACHARA, B.A (LAND ECONOMICS) UON, M.I.S.K., RV, R.E.A VALUATION AND ESTATES MANAGEMENT (V.E.M.S) CHAPTER
Ms. Lucy is a Land Economist from the University of Nairobi and she is the Deputy Estates Manager responsible for the following duties.
In Charge of Housing Section
- Co-ordinate allocation of University houses through laid down regulations governing allocation of such houses.
- Maintain updated tenants register of University Houses.
- Ensure accurate and timely rent deductions and payments for university houses.
- Ensure adherence by tenants to housing regulations governing occupation of University houses including payment of utilities.
- Liase with the Security Officer to ensure security of vacant University Houses.
- MarketUniversityhouses vigorously to maximize returns by reducing voids
- Liase with Maintenance Officer regarding maintenance of University houses.
2. Management of Mombasa Uni-Plaza
- Administrative of leases
- Ensure accurate and timely rent payment
- Ensure adherence by tenants to the terms and conditions of the leases
- Marketing the building to maximize returns by reducing voids to the best minimum
- Supervision of the Assistant Caretaker
- Attend to tenant complaints
- Any other matter pertaining to the building.
3. MR. OGUTU MAIKO, B.A. (LAND ECONOMICS) UON, M.I.S.K., VALUATION & ESTATE MANAGEMENT (V.E.M.S) CHAPTER
Mr. Ogutu is a land Economist from the University of Nairobi and he is the Estates Officer currently responsible in the following duties;
Payment of statutory obligations i.e. land rates to City council of Nairobi and Land Rent to Commissioner of Domestic taxes, stamp duty e.t.c.
Supervision and coordination of all service providers within the premises and ensures that service providers contracts are sourced and are properly executed and maintained.
Lease administration including monitoring and rent payments, terminations e.t.c
Co-ordinate activities in respect of electricity supply and water supply i.e. monitor usage, check and certify monthly payments, deal with any queries in respect to the utility, Liase with the service provider to ensure non-interruption of services. Also dealing with sustenance of power factor and alternatives sources of power i.e. generator.
Includes valuations for rent for the leased premises, insurance, investment, book purposes, sale e.t.c, Leasing of University premises including business premises in all campuses.
4. MS. VIOLET A. MISIKO. B.A. (LAND ECONOMICS) UON, A.M.I.S.K., R.E.A, VALUATION AND ESTATE MANAGEMENT (V.E.M.S) CHAPTER.
Violet is the new member of staff who joined the department early February 2013. She is the Estates Officer currently incharge of the following;
Incharge of the University leased premises.
Advising the University on land/space allocation for lease purposes i.e. sites for Telecommunication Base Stations, Magnate Venture, Banks e.t.c
5. MS. DEPHINAH SIRAKO: BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (ARTS) UON,
Dephinah is currently the department’s Administrative Assistant dealing with all aspects of administration within the department. She is also involved in coordinating Performance contracting, Staff Appraisals, ISO matters among other adminstrative duties within the department.
6. MS. ANNE MULEE: DIPLOMA IN LANDSCAPING FROM JOMO KENYATTA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY.
Anne is currently the Landscaping Officer and she is in charge of landscaping of University grounds and ensuring a clean and well maintained environment.
7. MS. SARAH NJERI NGUGI
Sarah is currently the Departmental Secretary based at the manager's office. She is involved with all secretarial aspects within the department. She is also in charge of all other secretaries within the department.
8. MS.NELLY MUCHENE
Nelly is a secretary within the department stationed at the estates officer's office. She is involved with secretarial duties within the department
9. MS. LYDIA KINYUA
Lydia is a secretary stationed at the Deputy Manager's office and in charge of all secretarial duties within the department.
10. MS. DEFENCE SAMBA MWAKONDO
Defence is the housing assistant
11. MR. JOHN MUROKI KIMANI
Mr. Kimani is the housing assistant
13. Mr Pius Kipyego
Mr Melly is The Data Clerk .
12. MR. MOSES LIMO
Mr. Limo is the Estates assistant
MR. EVANS O. ONCHURU
Evans is the department's office assistant
Jane is the department's office assistant
Inaddition to the above as it is indicated on the staff list, the department has the following qualified staff who assist with various tasks:
- Assistant Caretakers-1No
GROUNDMEN ARE AS FOLLOWS:
The following are groundsmen based at main campus
1. MR. NJAI MUTITU
2. MR. JOB KIPSOI KIPYEKO
3. MR. SAMSON ODHIAMBO YOGA
Groundmens based at Tigoni are:
4. MR. JAMES MAINA MWANGI
5. MR. PETER MAINA NDUNG'U
WATER BOWSER DRIVERS
1.MR. ORINA BIBAO
2. MR. KIPLAGAT KAPKIYAI