Our Function in the University
- To efficiently and effectively manage University Resources
- Overall management of University Land, building, houses.
- Pursue acquisition of titles to University land including lease extensions.
- Payment for land taxes e.g. Land Rates , Ground Rates
- Valuation of University properties.
- Proper maintenance, supply and servicing of utilities.
- To ensure financial sustainability by maximizing returns from University Assets.
- Rent collection from houses and commercial properties on time to avoid arrears.
- Reduce voids on houses and commercial properties to avoid loss of returns.
- Debt reduction, pay rates and ground rent on time to avoid penalties.
- Secure water meters.
- Recover rent arrears.
- To promote the image of the University both locally and internationally
- Ensure a clean environment.
- Ensure sufficient waste disposal.
- Have clearly marked and strategically placed University signs.
- Ensure water and electricity bills are paid on time.
We adhere to the following principles
- Serve our clients with dignity, courtesy and respect
- Provide efficient and effective service at all times
- Adhere to ethical and equitable service provision
- Uphold transparency, integrity and accountability at all times
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality.
Our Quality Objectives
- Ensure University land is secure by having title documents
- Ensure 100% maintenance and quarterly servicing of facilities (boreholes, lifts, cold rooms, generators and fire fighting equipment)
- Ensure timely payment of utilities within two weeks of receipt of bills to guarantee continous and adequate supply of water, electricity and other services
- Increase returns from the university's real estate by 10% annually through rent collection
- Promote image of the University both locally and internationally by maintaining 100% clean environment and erecting clearly marked and strategically placed University signs.
- A healthy, safe and pleasant environment shall be maintained.
- All complaints received shall be responded to within seven (7) working days.
- All offices shall be opened by 8.00 am.
- Electricity and water bills shall be paid within two (2 No ) weeks of receipt.
- Where a house is vacant and habitable, it shall be allocated within one (1 No ) month.
- All emergency exits shall be clearly marked
- All fire extinguishers shall be serviced as per the contracts.
- All fire assembly points shall be clearly designated.