The Directorate of Facilities Management was established upon restructuring of the University Governance structure in 2021.
It was as a result of merging previous departments namely: Estates, Transport and Garage and Construction and Maintenance.
The Directorate is divided into three sections reflecting different professional sections:
- Property and Utilities Management Section
- Facilities Development, Maintenance and Compliance Section
- Fleet and Logistics Management Section
The Directorate is one of the departments/ Directorates in Central Administration which supports the University’s core mandate of Teaching, Learning and Research functions.
The Directorate offers support to Teaching faculties in form of:
a) Property and Utilities Management
- Utilities Management
- Environment Management
b) Facilities Development, Maintenance and Compliance
- Design and management of Construction works and Contracts
- Maintenance of facilities including Buildings, Plants and Equipment
c) Fleet and Logistic Management
- Provision of Transport Services
- Maintenance of the University fleet
-Specification of Vehicle acquisition and disposal
The Directorate is headed by a Director Mr. Tracisio Thuita and supported by three Heads of Sections:
- Qs. Andrew Mbuku - Facilities Development, Maintenance and Compliance Section
- Maiko Ogutu – Property and Utilities Management Section
- Joshua Nyang’au - Fleet and Logistic Management