1. MR. TRACISIO M. THUITA, B.A (LAND ECONOMICS) UON, M.I.S.K., RV, VALUATION AND ESTATES MANAGEMENT (V.E.M.S) CHAPTER.
Mr. Thuita is the head of the Department as the Estates Manager.
He is charged with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure the Department's vision and mission are met
- Real Estate
- In charge of University's Land and buildings (Planning and Acquisitions)
- Land Management
-Custody of ownership documents
-Asset register preparation and maintenance
-Payment of land taxes
- Space Management
Space forecasting, allocation, inventory and acquisition, advice on optimum space utilization.
- Property development/redevelopment and investment analysis
- Formulate and advise University on policy respecting physical facilities development and utilization.
- Valuation for sale, rental, insurance and for other purposes.
- Administration of leases; advise on the suitability of premises to be leased, rent payable and formulating terms and conditions of lease.
- Housing management: overseeing the management of university housing stock i.e. maintenance of tenant registers, rent collection, enforcement of tenancy agreements, upkeep of residential estates e.t.c
- Utilities Management; Energy (power), water, supply and maintenance of services, bills payments and accounting, inventory of service equipment and fittings.
- Planning, acquisition and maintenance of plant and equipment; boreholes,lifts, generators, cold rooms, pumps,air conditioners e.t.c
- Furniture and fittings, acquisitions, advise on standards, inventories e.t.c
- Environmental Management; landscaping, caretaking, waste disposal, and pest control.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure the best maintenance of physical facilities; both academic and residential.
2. MR. OGUTU MAIKO, B.A. (LAND ECONOMICS) UON, M.I.S.K., VALUATION & ESTATE MANAGEMENT (V.E.M.S) CHAPTER
Mr. Ogutu is a land Economist from the University of Nairobi and he is the Head of the Section currently responsible for the following duties;
Payment of statutory obligations i.e. land rates to City council of Nairobi and Land Rent to Commissioner of Domestic taxes, stamp duty e.t.c.
Supervision and coordination of all service providers within the premises and ensure that service providers' contracts are sourced and are properly executed and maintained.
Lease administration including monitoring and rent payments, terminations e.t.c
Coordinate activities in respect of electricity supply and water supply i.e. monitor usage, check and certify monthly payments, deal with any queries in respect to the utility, liaise with the service provider to ensure non-interruption of services. Also dealing with the sustenance of power factor and alternatives sources of power i.e. generator.
Includes valuations for rent for the leased premises, insurance, investment, book purposes, sale e.t.c, Leasing of University premises including business premises in all campuses.
3. MS. VIOLET A. MISIKO. B.A. (LAND ECONOMICS) UON, A.M.I.S.K., R.E.A, VALUATION AND ESTATE MANAGEMENT (V.E.M.S) CHAPTER.
Ms. Violet Misiko is the Estates Officer currently in-charge of the following;
In Charge of Housing Section
- Co-ordinate allocation of University houses through laid down regulations governing the allocation of such houses.
- Maintain updated tenants register of University Houses.
- Ensure accurate and timely rent deductions and payments for university houses.
- Ensure adherence by tenants to housing regulations governing the occupation of University houses including payment of utilities.
- Liaise with the Security Officer to ensure the security of vacant University Houses.
- MarketUniversity houses vigorously to maximize returns by reducing voids
- Liaise with Maintenance Officer regarding maintenance of University houses.
2. Management of Mombasa Uni-Plaza
- Administrative of leases
- Ensure accurate and timely rent payment
- Ensure adherence by tenants to the terms and conditions of the leases
- Marketing the building to maximize returns by reducing voids to the best minimum
- Supervision of the Assistant Caretaker
- Attend to tenant complaints
- Any other matter pertaining to the building.
Incharge of the University leased premises.
Advising the University on land/space allocation for lease purposes i.e. sites for Telecommunication Base Stations, Magnate Venture, Banks e.t.c
4. MS. WINFRED NYAMBURA (ARTS) UON,
Winfred is currently the department’s Administrative Assistant dealing with all aspects of administration within the department. She is also involved in coordinating Performance contracting, Staff Appraisals, ISO matters among other administrative duties within the department.
5. MS. ANNE MULEE: DIPLOMA IN LANDSCAPING FROM JOMO KENYATTA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY.
Anne is currently the Landscaping Officer and she is in charge of the landscaping of University grounds and ensuring a clean and well-maintained environment.
6. MS. SARAH NJERI NGUGI
Sarah is currently the Departmental Secretary based at the manager's office. She is involved with all secretarial aspects within the department. She is also in charge of all other secretaries within the department.
7. MS.NELLY MUCHENE RETIRED
Ms. Nelly Muchene now retired was a secretary within the department stationed at the estates' officer's office. She was involved with secretarial duties within the department
8. MS. LYDIA KINYUA RETIRED
Ms. Lydia Kinyua now retired was a secretary stationed at the Deputy Manager's office and in charge of all secretarial duties within the department.
9. MS. DEFENCE SAMBA MWAKONDO
Ms. Defence Mwakondo is the housing assistant.
10. MR. JOHN MUROKI KIMANI
Mr. John Kimani is the housing assistant.
11. MR. PIUS MELLY
Mr. Pius Melly is the Data Clerk .
11. MR. MOSES LIMO
Mr. Limo is the Estates assistant
12 MR. EVANS O. ONCHURU
Evans is the department's office assistant
MS. JANE KAMANDE RETIRED
Ms. Jane Kamande is the department's office assistant
Inaddition to the above as it is indicated on the staff list, the department has the following qualified staff who assist with various tasks:
- Assistant Caretakers-1No
GROUNDMEN ARE AS FOLLOWS:
The following are groundsmen based at main campus
1. MR. NJAI MUTITU RETIRED
2. MR. JOB KIPSOI KIPYEKO RESIGN
3. MR. SAMSON ODHIAMBO YOGA
Groundmens based at Tigoni are:
4. MR. JAMES MAINA MWANGI
5. MR. PETER MAINA NDUNG'U
WATER BOWSER DRIVERS
1.MR. ORINA BIBAO
2. MR. KIPLAGAT KAPKIYAI RETIRED